Our Organization is committed to ensure the security and protection of the personal data provided by the Users of our website, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. The protection afforded by this Policy applies to all Users, irrespective of their nationality, or place of residence, in relation to the processing and profiling of their personal data. It includes processing of personal data by automated means, as well as manual processing.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy Policies of other websites
- How to contact us
Section 1: What data do we collect?
Amongst other information, our Organization collects the following data:
- Email ID
- Phone Number / WhatsApp number
- Country of Residence
- Zipcode / Pincode
- ID Proof
Section 2: How do we collect your data?
You directly provide our Organization with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data every time you:
- Complete online forms and sign up for any particular program/event that we offer;
- Contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post.
- Provide us your data through physical media like registration form, donation form, application form etc.;
- Use or view our website (via your browser’s cookies);
- Contribute to any of our projects;
- Choose to support our initiatives as a volunteer or donor.
Section 3: How will we use your data?
Our Organization collects your data so that we can:
- Provide you with information regarding programs and events that you have requested and/ or signed up for;
- Manage our relationship with you (for example, support activities);
- Establish contact with you through phone calls, whatsapp messages, email and other social media platforms that you have consented to.
- Monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website, and services and provide an enhanced and personalised user experience for you;
- Respond to your queries and resolve complaints;
- Provide any of your information that we are required to submit in order to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- Detect, prevent, investigate or provide remedy for criminal, illegal or prohibited activities;
Section 4: How do we store your data?
Our Organization uses various technological and procedural security measures to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we collect. We also have implemented reasonable security measures in an effort to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Personal information collected by our Organization is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public.
Our Organization will only retain your personal data following your application for a period of time depending on the category of data and the purposes for which we hold it. We will only retain your data after this time if we are required to do so to comply with the applicable laws.
Section 5: Marketing:
Our Organization does not sell any data to third parties for marketing or any other purpose.
Section 6: What are your data protection rights?
Our Organization would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access: You have the right to request our Organization for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification: You have the right to request that our Organization correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our Organization to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to remove: You have the right to request our Organization erase/remove your personal data, under certain reasonable conditions. To delete your profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that our Organization restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain reasonable conditions.
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to our Organization’s processing of your personal data, under certain reasonable conditions.
The right to data portability: You have the right to request that our Organization transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain reasonable conditions.
Our Organisation makes use of third-party services as well as offers services related to storage of user data, user authentication, user consent and user profile management.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Section 7: What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in;
- Understanding how you use our website;
Section 9: What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Functionality: Our Organization uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
Promotion: Our Organization uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address.
Section 10: How to manage cookies:
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and removing cookies tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Section 13: Participating Entities with whom the information is shared:
Your personal data that is collected may be stored, processed and used by vendors, partners or third parties based on your interaction with the website.
Section 14: How to contact us:
If you do not want to receive email from us, let us know by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email us at: email@example.com
Show your support